Tips and Tricks
Did you know...
- You can use the up/down arrow keys to move between the Match & Replace fields.
- Pressing <Ctrl>+<Backspace> in a regex field will reset all fields.
- To change the case of the whole filename, just select an option in the Change Case menu.
- You can double-click a file to open it.
- Pressing <Ctrl>+R will apply the current settings to the listed files.
- You can hold your mouse over any files highlighted in red to see the error message.
- To reuse a previous regex, select it from the Match field drop-down list.
- <Shift>+<F1> opens the Regular Expression Quick Reference in a new window.
- You can type $# in the Replace field to insert a number sequence.
- To insert text at the beginning or end of the filename, type ^ or $ in the Match field by itself.
- Pressing <Ctrl>+<Del> while in the match field will clear the regex history.
- Right-clicking any of the Change Case, Numbering, or Move/Copy menus will reset them to default.
- Selecting a file and pressing <F2> (or clicking it again) will allow you to rename that file individually.
- You can double-click the margin between the folder tree and file list to reset its position.
- To see the number of files filtered out or hidden, hold your mouse over the “Stats” label (top-right).
- Press <Ctrl>+M to focus the Match field.
- You can use a letter sequence instead of numbers in the Numbering > Start box (eg, "AA").